Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good morning!

Good morning, Faithful Followers! 
I hope that you are not tired of the heat like those of us in Texas are! Yesterday was 107! Can you even imagine?


Anyway, I know that I keep promising to be faithful to you, posting on a regular basis. Life keeps getting in the way. Soon, I will have a new little granddaughter, who will be occupying even more of my time! I am SO excited and anxious to meet her!


Okay, back to blogging...
This first card is one that I made for an order I am working on. I know it's a bit early for Christmas, but it's never to early to think about starting Christmas cards! The stamps used on this card are from Stampin' Up! The set is called Sunny Seasons Greetings. It's such a cute versatile set. I used different colored Stickles on the lights to give it a glow!

This card was made for Father's Day, again using Stampin' Up! I have been using my inks a little bit differently lately, and am enjoying playing with them.

This card turned out to be one of my favorites! Fo anyone that knows me, you know that I love tropical things, especially palm trees and dolphins! This card was made for a friend. I stamped it with a stamp from Stampabilities called Subtle Pams. I just love it! I did some masking to make the sun. I don't think that you can tell from the picture, but I used a real starfish on "the beach". I love that 3D effect! 

This is an idea that I took from my Stampin' Up Consultant, Karla Amigh! I just love the looks of this cute little dresser! I have been making a bunch of variations of it. I may be using this card for my daughter-in-laws' baby shower invitations.  I have lots of ideas on how to use this idea! It is time consuming to make this card, only because of what my friends call "fussy cutting"! Below is another version of this card. I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the one below to give a wood look.


Last, but certainly not least, I am sharing a card that I made for my husband's birthday. I just love this treasure chest! I cut the chest out with my Cricut. The sword was from my stash. I had found it at some point in a clearance bin in a jewelry section of a store. Mark loves pirates, so I thought this would be fun! The coins I added were taken from pots of gold from my stash. 




I hope that in some way, I am redeeming myself by putting up more cards today! No promises on what tomorrow brings...I have a 2 year-old spending the night tonight! :-)


Hugs to all!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment