Monday, March 19, 2018

Playing with backgrounds Day 1

Hello Faithful Followers!

This week I wanted to share some pictures of some different backgrounds. I have been playing around with some inks that I haven't used before! I have been having fun with the Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Inks, Distress inks and Mixatives. I have also been playing with the new Brusho Crystal Colour.

It's fun to come up with unique backgrounds every time. 

I always use my craft mat when using the alcohol inks and mixatives. When I am using any of the spray distress inks, I always use a box to spray in, to keep the spray from getting onto anything other than the cardstock I am using.

Let's start todaywith the Brusho. Brusho is a product that is activated by water. It comes in little containers that are filled with a fine watercolor powder. You don't open the container, you pierce the lid with a pin, so that you can sprinkle the color onto your project. The color is vibrant. It often has flecks of other complimentary color in it. The color is so powerful, that when you sprinkle it, you want to use a very small amount. You can either spray your paper prior to sprinkling your Brusho on, or you can spray it afterwards. I do this in a box.


 Here are some of the fun patterns that I got on my watercolor paper!
I think that this one almost looks like fireworks!


This one I put a stencil onto the watercolor paper first, then sprinkled the  Brusho on, then sprayed with some water.

This example, I decided to stamp an image on using Momento Black Tuxedo ink. Then, I sprinkled my Brusho, sprayed it with water, then let it dry. After it was dry, I colored the image. The hair was colored with a metallic pen.

Every single one is different!

3 colors were used here.

I used a smaller amount of Brusho on this one.



 Here is a card that I made using one of my backgrounds I made.

 I hope you enjoyed today's blog. Have a great day!

Hugs!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment