Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another early morning!

Good morning, Faithful Followers!

I woke up this morning at 4:30 feeling rested. I never understand that when I have only had 6 hours of sleep. I'm sure that it will catch up with me later, most likely as I am sitting in the chair at the hairdresser!

This morning I would like to share 3 cards with you. The first is a card that I made for a woman who is 90 years young! I stamped my image from TPC Studio, then cut it out. I had a mat stack in my stash that had a sheet with butterflies on it, which I mounted. I added some dimension to it with some Diamond Glaze. I added some lace from my stash, and finished it off with some Thickers numbers. The recipient really love the card.

This card started out different than it began! I'm sure that anyone reading this, who is a cardmaker, understands that statement! I used a Spellbinder die to cut out the front of my card. I thought that having the image on the inside, showing through the front, would give it a different look. So, I stamped my Stampin' Up! image inside, and colored it with Copics. I decided that she really needed the sun behind her, so I added the sun by making my own template. I inked the background. 

The front of the card with the Very Vanilla Stampin' Up! card stock looked so plain. So, I decided to use the same die and cut out another piece of card stock (K&Company Travel)  to overlay the front of the card. It really finished it off!

My final card for today is one that I am still unsure as to whether I like it or not! LOL!

I stamped my image (Stampin' Up!) and embossed it. I had some butterflies that are dimensional, from K&Company. After attaching the butterfly, I found a piece of card stock from a mat stack that matched the little bit of peachy color on the butterfly. I punched the edges with a Martha Stewart punch, and mounted it on Stampin' Up! card stock.

I am missing my grandchildren! I can't wait for them to come home from their vacation!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment