Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rain & cooler temps are a welcome change!

Good morning, Faithful Followers!

Today I am sharing some sympathy cards with you. I was inspired by my Stampin' Up! stamp club consultant, Karla Saner-Amigh! She's awesome and always makes me want to play more!

I decided to use my Spellbinders to create a card. I really like the look layering the different elements. It's simple, yet elegant, I think.



I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the 
background on 4x4 cardstock. I used a Lacy Square Spellbinders die and stamped my image on it. After adding my image, I used the bleach technique to change the color of the flowers, using a Q-Tip to apply. I added a bit of ribbon from my stash and a button to complete the look. The following card is using the same technique.

  On this card below, I again, used my Cuttlebug to emboss my background on 4x4 cardstock. I then took a Spellbinders cross and cut it out of the center of another Lacy Square Spellbinder. I love the textured look it gives the cross. I added some pearls to give some dimension and interest. I added my verse below. The card below this one is using the same technique, except for adding a few pearls at the bottom, below the verse.


The final card for today is one using a Stampin' Up! set. I just love dandelions that have gone to seed! Like the first cards, I used the bleach technique to accent the flowers. Instead of using a regular ribbon accent, I used a leaf ribbon trim from my stash.

I hope you enjoy my work!

Have a great day!

Hugs!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Love these Deb! Makes me so happy to see you using some of the ideas from Stamp Club :-)

    ReplyDelete