Monday, August 6, 2012

Good Morning, Faithful Followers!

Good morning, Faithful Followers!
It's Monday morning and the first day of my week off from watching my granddaughter, Ava. I am missing she, her brother, Bobby and their Mama already. I will miss that smiling happy one year old toddling into my house each morning, happy to see me! I have lots of plans this week and one of them is to update my blog!

The first card above, is a simple bowling card. I had a little fun with it. You can't see in the picture, but, I added little dots to the brads at the top, to make them look like bowling balls too. Everything on this card was from my stash.

I had so much fun creating this card! As I'm sure you can tell, I used my Cricut to create this card. I also used my Cuttlebug for the background, as well as Spellbinders to cut out my greeting.

I went to the stamp convention in Grapevine, TX this year, and discovered a stamp company that I was unfamiliar with. They are called Rubbernecker. I just LOVE them. They have a wonderful variety of stamps at very reasonable prices. Many are singular stamps too, which is great for your budget. The above card was made with one of their stamps. I thought that it was both fun and appropriate to make for my husband, who refers to himself as "The Big Kahuna"! He loved the card. I added Stickles to the teeth to give a little shine. I colored this image with my Copics. I sponged the edges to highlight.

 Here's another fun card made with my Cricut. I love Monsters Inc.
and Mike is one of the cutest! I made this for a dear friend's grandson. The punch I used for the greeting is a Stampin' Up! punch.

This card above was made for a very dear and special lady. I wanted to have an old fashioned look to the card, so I added lace from my stash, as well as a nice old button, to give it interest and dimension. The 80 is from Thickers. 
I try to keep Sympathy cards on hand, and love this image from Stampin' Up! for my cards. I used an embossing folder for my background and added some pearls. I like to add personalized greetings inside of my cards, and often prefer to print out poems that I write or find, and other inspirational words to make them my own.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment