Saturday, September 22, 2012

Good morning, Faithful Followers!

It's the weekend once again. It's funny how much we rush the weekdays, so that we can get to the weekends, and enjoy life once again! I hope that you have set aside some time for yourself...perhaps crafting time? I have a busy day ahead of me, which includes garage sales, antique mall, Hobby Lobby, and a dinner get together with friends. I can't wait! Since it's not quite 6:00 AM, I have just enough time to do a little sharing with you. :-)

Today I am sharing a tropical Santa Christmas card. It is a card that I made for a dear customer of mine.

I used a gift border punch across the top of my mat. The Santa is Stampin' Up!, as well as the stocking and starfish. They're from the Sunny Seasons Greetings set, which is retired, I believe. The recipient of the card is a lover of beaches, sunsets and tropical things. I tried to incorporate those things into this card. I added a sponged background, and a sun setting. I cut a circle with a punch, then used the "hole part"as a template,  to sponge my sun with several ink colors. I sponged the beach with ink, then added a mixture of sand and some tiny beads. Ribbon was added to the bottom with some embellishments. Finally, I added a punched background with the greeting on the top of it.


I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment