Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rainy Saturday

Good morning, Faithful Followers!

It's a rainy Saturday morning here. You would think that with the sound of the rain softly landing on the roof, it would make me sleep. But, here I am at 6:00 AM. Oh well, I guess that I was anxious to come on here and share with you!

I have been busy in my studio this week. I have been trying to get cards made before I go to an upcoming wedding out of town. I wanted to be sure that the "beginning of the month birthdays" are not belated! So often, I get behind with those early month birthdays. They seem to just sneak up on me.

Today I am sharing another wedding card with you. I was inspired by another card that I saw online. I played around with it for quite awhile. I finally was able to get the look I was going for.

My first challenge was to decide what size to make the hearts. I punched out larger ones to begin with, but they were too big. They look up too much space on the card. I wanted to have rows that were full and equal. I used my Creative Memories heart punch that I have had since it came out and I was a Creative Memories Consultant...a long time ago! They have 2 sizes on each punch. So, there's no guess work in matching the sizes to one another.

Next, I took the smallest of the hearts and put them onto an embossing folder and ran them through my Cuttlebug to give them texture. After that, I layered them onto the larger hearts, put them in rows and attached them to the card. To make them pop a little more, I added some pearls to the center of each one.

ONce my hearts were made, I cut out the "I DO" on my Cricut using the Ashlyn's ABCs cartridge. I cut them out in white cardstock too, and didn't like how it faded into the card itself, so I attached it to the center, between the hearts, and decided to add some Stickles for color, texture and dimension. Now, I would like to tell you that it was as simple as that. But, any cardmaker or scrapbook maker knows, it's not that simple! I tried many other options before finally deciding to go with this look. I am SO happy that I didn't give up! 

Have a great day and be creative, my friends!

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment