Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Birthday card

Good Sunday morning, Faithful Followers!

I hope that you have been enjoying your weekend. I don't know how the weather is where you live, but here in Texas, we have had a very rainy weekend, which is very welcome. It isn't very motivating though! 

Today I am sharing a card that I made for my Dad. I think that most of us struggle with making masculine cards. Although, I have found that the trick is to know what a person really loves, whether it is for a male or female. I really think that makes the card. I think that my favorite thing to do is to make cards for people that I know what they love and are passionate about. It makes my creative juices flow!

So, on with today's card. This stamp is from Rubbernecker and is a  T-Bird convertible. My Dad loves cars, always has. In fact, when I was growing up, we lived about an hour from my maternal grandparents. My grandparents never knew what car to look for when we would visit, because we had a different car almost every time we visited! He just loved cars so much. He has never lost that passion. So, when I started thinking about his birthday, I remembered that I had bought several car stamps from Rubbernecker when I attended a stamping convention. Since my Dad lives in Florida, I gave the card a tropical flair!

Rubbernecker T-Bird Convertible Birthday card


I started out by coloring the car with Copic  and Stampin' Up! markers. I used both, mainly because I didn't have enough of a variety in orange. I also used a silver pen on the "chrome" parts of the car. I then used some Diamond Glaze on the orange "paint" part of the car. After letting it dry, I cut it out. Using white 
card stock, I drew a line to resemble a road, then added the sun. I inked the background for both the sky and the road. I had a cute glittered palm tree in my stash, which I added to the side of the road. I wanted the car to really stand out, so I used pop dots to raise it and give it dimension. As I looked at the card, I thought that it needed something more to make it into a birthday card. I remembered that I had a Stampin' Up! set that had all kinds of things to add to the back of a truck or car. When I found the balloons, I knew that they were what I was looking for. I stamped that directly onto the white card stock, then colored the balloons. I mounted the design onto orange card stock to coordinate with the car. To complete the card, I stamped Happy Birthday and then punched it out, inking the edges with the same orange used on my car. And...voila!

I hope you enjoy today's card! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment