Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day, Faithful Followers!

It's time to put my best foot forward and start working on gifts for Christmas. I am determined to make gifts this year. I have some great ideas that I have come up with, as well as those from Pinterest. Are you addicted yet? Pinterest is stirring up some creative juices in me, as well as some pretty darn good meals!

It's Hump Day! I thought that I would share a picture of my adorable grandson             to help make you smile today! But, don't worry, I am sharing cards with you too!

Bobby
Wedding card
I am beginning with a card that I made for my daughter's best friend and her husband-to-be. Hopefully, she won't be checking out my blog before the wedding a week from Saturday! I got the idea from a card that I saw on Pinterest, but made it my own.

I have to say that it was challenging to make a card freehand, as I am not an artist by any means.But, I cut out the bride's dress freehand and put it through my Cuttlebug. I added it on top of my card, which I had attached a piece of black cardstock from a mat stack. I then cut out a little shirt, bow tie, flower and lapel freehand. I added some black pearls as buttons, and a pearl for the inside of the flower, then attached the whole piece just above the top of the card, to make the groom appear to be taller than the bride. I had a string of pearl type beads, which I added as the bride's waistband, along with a flower with a pearl center. 

After I finished with the basic card, I thought that it still needed something. So, I went into my stash and found a piece of tulle to make a veil. I had to strategically tuck it behind the front of the card. I added a piece of card stock to cover the backside of the front, and added a journaling box made from a Spellbinders die.

I am hoping that my special bride receiving this card loves it! I hope that you enjoy it too!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
Deb 








No comments:

Post a Comment